Please follow the provided troubleshooting steps when experiencing problems charging your IDVisor Smart or Smart Plus
With Micro USB Cable
If having issues charging with the micro usb cable provided with your Smart or Smart Plus:
1. Ensure the cable is fully inserted into the charging port at the side of the device.
2. Ensure the charging block being used is 5V 1000mA (1A).
3. Ensure the power light turns to a solid red when the cable is plugged into the device.
3. While the cable is inserted into the device, slightly move the cable in an up down motion and in a side to side motion. Please take note of the power light on the top left of the device. If the light blinks on and off while moving the cable, it is an indication of a loose micro usb port.
Note: If it is determined that the device has a loose micro usb port, the device will have to come in for repair. Please scroll to bottom of the post for instructions on contacting support.
With Smart or Smart Plus cradle
If having issues charging with the charging cradle provided with you Smart or Smart Plus:
1. Ensure the power adapter is fully inserted into the charging cradle.
2. Ensure the power adapter being used is:
Smart – 5V 3000mA (3A).
Smart Plus – 5V 2.5A.
3. Ensure the power light turns to a solid red when the device is standing in the cradle. Please ensure the handstrap or any items are not preventing the device from making contact with the charging pins when standing in the cradle.
Note: If device does not show it is receiving a charge when standing in the cradle, please see above steps for charging with Micro USB Cable.
4. If after following the steps above the device still does not take a charge. Please carefully remove the battery by unlocking the battery cover and slightly push up the battery. Once the battery is out of the device check the gold contact pins to see if they are pushed down or damaged.
Note: If contact pins are pushed down or damaged the device will have to come in for repair. Please scroll to bottom of the post for instructions on contacting support.
5. Ensure the cradle is working by inserting the battery into the battery charging slot of the cradle. Once inserted the light should change to a solid red if the battery level is low, or a solid green if battery level is high.
Note: If cradle shows no light when the battery is inserted the cradle will either have to be repaired or replaced. Please scroll to bottom of the post for instructions on contacting support.
If after following the troubleshooting steps the device will still not receive a charge. Please submit a ticket leaving your Name, Name of Business, and Phone number here. Customer support will contact you with further details as soon as possible.