About TokenWorks, Inc.
The founders of TokenWorks have been developing token and smart card-based technologies since 1992. In 1998 we founded TokenWorks to build smart card chip readers that ultimately evolved into our focus on Magnetic Stripe and 2D Barcode reader technology. We first developed systems to scan drivers licenses on the Handspring Palm Pilot in 2002, and we have never looked back, always ahead.
In all of our efforts, the following principles are paramount:
- Design in durability, quality, and value.
- Deliver value to our customers and shareholders.
- Do it once. Do it right.
- Keep it simple.
Tokenworks Inc. was formed in 1998 as a Delaware corporation. The Company’s shares are privately held.
What Defines TokenWorks?
The name TokenWorks derives from our experiences in token-based systems. Token based systems use a smart card, magnetic card, bar code or contactless card to authenticate an individual for payment or access to a product/service. The term TOKEN is pertinent to all authentication systems. The term WORKS conveys our mission as a foundry where products are brought to life.
At TokenWorks, we create solutions for Token-based authentication systems.
To·ken – (tkn)
- Something acting as an indication, proof, or expression of something else.
- A distinguishing feature or characteristic.
- Something that signifies or evidences authority, validity, or identity
Works – (wûrks)
- A factory, plant, complex of buildings. Often used in combination: a steelworks.
- Internal mechanism: the works of a watch.
- The output of a writer, artist, or musician considered or collected as a whole: the works of Shakespeare.