How to update IDWedgeKB to Firmware 3.1
- Download the update file –IDWedgeKB_3.1zip
- Download the IDWedgeKB User manual (V3.1 firmware) – IDWedgeKB-Users-Guide-Version-1.17.pdf
- Download IDWedgeKB Firmware upgrade procedure (same as shown below) Upgrading-IDWedgeKB-Firmware.pdf
- nstructions repeated from – Upgrading-IDWedgeKB-Firmware.pdf
- Unzip the update file – (e.g. IDWedge_3.1.zip -> IDWedge_3.1.bin)
- Put IDWedgeKB into Flash Drive mode by Holding Function Button down and plugging in IDWedgeKB usb cable.
The Green LED should flash rapidly at about 10 flashes per second and on the PC a new drive will appear.
- When / If the “Do you want to scan and fix TokenWorks (drive:)?” message appears on the PC, just click continue without scanning.
- The TokenWorks flash drive should appear in the list of drives on the Host PC.
- Copy IDWedge_3.1.bin update file to TokenWorks Flash Drive using File copy commands
- Rename the config.txt to config.old.txt – this preserves existing settings and allows new firmware to create new Default config.txt with correct parameters and firmware version number. If not done, a problem.txt file will be created at the end of the process stating “Config File version incorrect, erase config file and reboot to recreate config file.” If this happens, redo this step, erase the problem.txt and reboot.
- Remove USB cable from PC – wait for PC to recognize the change. Then re-insert USB cable and do not push the function button. The IDWedgeKB LED will flash green for 4 to 5 seconds and then turn Blue or White depending on Keyboard/Serial port mode setting in config.txt. (Probably Blue as that is the Default setting in config.txt)
If the LED only flashes green for 1 or 2 seconds, the upgrade may not have taken place. See next step to determine if upgrade occurred.
- To confirm the software has successfully loaded into memory, repeat step 2 (put the device into flash drive mode). The IDWedgeKB_3.0.bin file should be erased from the TokenWorks drive. If the file is NOT erased, then erase the IDWedgeKB_3.0.bin file and copy it onto the drive again and repeat step 6 and 7 again.
- Final Check – After the update has been completed, check the config.txt file. It should have a version number of 3.1. If there is a problem.txt file with the warning message about incorrect firmware in config.txt, then backup config.txt, erase it and reboot. This should create new Default config.txt and erase the problem.txt file. If necessary, copy settings from the previous config.txt file to the new config.txt file.
Tip – Backup all the files on the TokenWorks drive before doing any updates. In the event the new firmware doesn’t run as expected, delete all the files and use the backups to manual update the new files as the OS may be looking for new parameters in new versions of the file.
End of procedure