If your M310 scanner gives a message stating the reader needs to be initialized or a message stating its having difficulties accessing the SD card, please follow this procedure. Do not re-initialize the reader. If you accidentally do re-initialize the reader, the instructions below will show how to re-re-initialize the reader after performing the following procedure.
- Exit the app (go to setup – close app – enter pin code (pin code 5678 if not changed)
- On main home windows screen, Tap on the “My Device” icon
- There should be two icons, one says “Storage Card” and one says “Storage Card 2”. The Storage Card 2 will have a grey drive icon or black SD card icon. The other folder “Storage Card” will look like a yellow folder.
- Delete the icon that says “Storage Card” and DOES NOT have a picture of a square black SD Card or grey hard drive. To do this, tap and hold the stylus on the icon until a drop down menu comes up. Then tap “Delete”. It may be necessary to do this a couple times. Keep deleting the folder until it is gone from the screen.
- Now turn the unit over and remove the battery. Wait about 3 seconds.
- Re-install battery and turn unit by holding the red power button for two seconds.
- Start the application and try to scan an ID. If it works, your back in business. If not, then you’ll get a message that the reader needs to be initialized. To initialize, Go to setup -> Configuration -> Advanced Setup -> Reader -> Initialize reader. After the reader is initialized, go to the home page, press ID Scanner and test by scanning a card. Your scanner should now be working.
- Ask a final precautionary step, go to setup->database->backup – this will back up the database in main memory to the physical SD card.